The World of Snow White — play
Illustration from Schneewittchen, Scholz’ Künstler-Bilderbücher, Mainz 1910
by R. Rex Stephenson
(Perfect for Youth Theatre, Children’s Theatre, Middle Schools, Junior Highs, High Schools, Community Groups, Colleges/Universities, and Professional Groups)
The World of Snow White is a modern adaptation, yet very true to the varied classic source material in bringing the darker situations of many versions of the story from around the globe together in one script. It moves quickly and plays well for all audiences. The legends and stories of a Snow White character come from more than 30 countries around the world, like Albania, Turkey, Mozambique, Germany, England, France, and others. These international tales lend a totally new vision to the characters and a unique play for any group to produce.
- 6M 6W 1 or 2 girls 8either + mice, preacher, servants and crowd. Roles can be doubled to make 20 actors. Ideal cast is 30-35.
- About 90 minutes.
- 4 playing areas with several simple, or elaborate locations in each.
- Period Costumes
- Order # 3150
Available for ALL producing groups!
- Perusal Pages File Available here: World of Snow White PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address) Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3150a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3150d : $50
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3150e : $40
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- William Byrd High School, (The William Byrd Players) Vinton, VA — May, 2016
- PREMIERE: Ferrum College, Ferrum, VA — 2015
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The World of Snow White
R. Rex Stephenson
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The World of Snow White is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of