The Sheriff of Nottingham — TYA
by Michael Megliola
(TYA, Children’s Theatre, Amateur, Professional, Educational)
Robin Hood is known by many as an heroic outlaw who stole from the rich to give to the poor but many of the details of the story are often ignored. Who was Robin and how did he come to be? With a fresh look at this beloved story, Michael Megliola has written a new play from the perspective of the Sheriff of Nottingham. Caught between loyalty to the absent King Richard (missing for 6 years while fighting a Crusade) and demands from the greedy Prince John (who is acting King), the Sheriff finds himself playing a cat and mouse game with one Robert Fitzooth (aka Robin Hood), Marion Fitzwalter (aka Maid Marian) and a band of merry (and not-so-merry) men!
- 18m 3f (Roles can be played by either gender, multiple roles can be assigned to a single actor. The original production doubled the roles to 5 male and 5 female actors)
- About 1 hour.
- Several fluid settings
- Order # 3130
Available for ALL producing groups.
- Perusal Pages File Available here: Sheriff of Nottingham PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address) Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3130a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3130d : $50
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3130e : $40
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Sheriff of Nottingham
a play by
A New Hampshire Theatre Project Young People’s Playscript
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The Sheriff of Nottingham is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
Other Plays in the New Hampshire Theatre Project Young People’s Playscript Series
from the catalog of