The Ransom Note (or Sweet Katy’s Peril) — A Melodrama of Unusual Mirth
by Sheila Lynch Rinear
with Musical Arrangements by Aimee Beliveau Flores
(Perfect for Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Junior High Schools, High Schools and many youth theatre groups.)
Want some silliness that doesn’t mean anything and goes nowhere but no one cares because they’re having too much fun? Then you have the idea of THE RANSOM NOTE. The typical melodrama characters are present in the story of money to be stolen by the Villain, a Heroine to be kidnapped, and a Hero to be educated. There are orphans, and animals, and fathers who come to the rescue. There are old time songs to be sung, talent to be auditioned, and Villains to be thwarted. It s a smile-a-minute, laugh-out-loud evening of frivolous merrymaking and a blast for your cast.
- Large Cast, Singing Chorus, and a Band
- One location
- Frontier costumes
- Order # 3162
Available by January 2017. Perusal copies sooner.
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File Available here: SOON (The PDF file contains the first third of the play along with all background information.)
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3163a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production) BUTTON HERE SOON
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3163d : $45.00
BUTTON HERE SOON
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3163e : $35.00
BUTTON HERE SOON
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- PREMIERE: Garner High School, Texas — ??
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Ransom Note
Sweet Katy’s Peril
a Melodrama of Unusual Mirth
Sheila Lynch Rinear
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The Ransom Note is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of