Information / Catalogs / Ordering
Play and Musical Publisher and Performance Rights Licensing Organization
LBT carries plays and musicals for Professional, College/University, High School, Junior High/Middle School, Elementary School, Children’s Theatre, Youth Theatre, Dinner Theatre, Community Theatre, and Church markets.
Our catalog is expanding. We will be adding titles constantly.
All of our scripts and scores are available only through e-publishing format. Everything is in a PDF file: Scripts, Piano-vocal Scores, Vocal Books, Orchestrations (except for some perusal and production materials like CDs. There are also 2 scripts available with published copies as noted on those respective webpages.)
Leicester Bay Theatricals (Leice-ster is pronounced lester) publishes plays and musicals for all producing groups. The purpose behind this company is enlightenment through entertainment. Professionals, Amateurs, College, University, High School, Junior High School and Elementary School groups, along with Religious, Children’s and Youth Theatre groups will find something in the pages of our catalog. We are primarily dedicated to the Family Audience. However, we do pull in some edgier scripts for more adult audiences.
LBT began life in 2012. The President of the company had been in the play publishing and licensing arena since 1978 with his former company, Encore Performance Publishing, which he sold in 2008. His playwrights came back to him and asked him to publish their new work, and after much consideration and many sleepless nights, he agreed. Since that first year LBT has found many additional playwrights and is constantly looking for titles that fit into LBT’s publishing mission: Strengthening Families by Educating and Entertaining Children and their Parents.
Join with us in producing theatricals that will aid parents and children in making good decisions, and assist all to have a positive effect on others through drama, comedy, music — and just plain entertainment!
usually consists of:
- 1 manuscript script
- 1 manuscript Piano-Vocal Score or 1 demo CD (if available for a slight charge)
- REMEMBER, Perusal Pages files are a free download for half of the script directly from this site. There are also mp3s and some videos that can be listened to and watched right on the site to help you make your choices.
These items will be loaned FREE, in PDF and mp3 format for perusal purposes. If you request actual printed copies, or if we need to send you a CD, there will be a charge. If the printed package is not returned to us after the 15 days an extra fee of $15.00 will be assessed. (We will not ship anything to you without your credit card number being on file with us or with Pay Pal.) After 40 days, if the perusal material has not been returned, the Production Package fee of $60.00 will be assessed whether you produce or not. Royalties and other rehearsal materials are extra. This material may not be duplicated by any means. It must be destroyed (trashed) whether you decide to produce the show or not. Possession of these documents does not grant any right to produce the play or musical, nor does it obligate you to a production. There is also no ownership of this copyrighted material, except by the author.
THE REHEARSAL PACKAGE
usually consists of:
- 1 manuscript script (in PDF)
- 1 manuscript score (in PDF)
- 1 manuscript vocal book (in PDF)
- Extra Items (availability varies per title): SFX CD, ProductionTraks CD, Orchestrations in PDF or PRINT format, Combo Arrangements (in PDF or PRINT format), Promotional Materials
The total price varies per title. These copies will either be PDF files or printed files. The fee includes the rights to photocopy the materials for your production. After the production all copies must be destroyed and the original paper copies (if sent) must be returned to LBT. If the file was sent electronically, it must be destroyed, or trashed. ALL REHEARSAL MATERIAL IS LEASED from us by you, not owned by the purchaser.
ROYALTIES, PERFORMANCE RIGHTS & COPYRIGHT LAW
- Royalties are extra to the cost of rehearsal materials and quoted on a per show basis, based on your ticket prices, number of performances and the seating capacity of your theatre. Professional and Amateur royalties differ from each other, also.
- Copyright law is complicated, but unless the author has been dead for at least 70 years you should expect to pay Performance Royalties.
- You must also have prior permission from the author or their agent, and you should not assume that because a Play has been published that it’s therefore available for performance. Even if it is available, there may be restrictions, such as an already licensed competing production within 100 miles of your location.
- And unless you’re performing in a private home or a classroom (without admission being charged) , a Performance Royalty will be due whether or not the Play is performed in whole or in part, whether or not it’s for charity, and whether or not the audience pays admission.
- Photocopying scripts without permission is also a breach of copyright. Our scripts are mostly in PDF format, so you will need to apply to us in order to receive permission to photocopy and/or print copies for your production. For the few plays for which we have published books, they may not be photocopied; so you must buy enough for your cast and crew.
- Details of how and where to apply for Performance Rights are invariably printed inside the Perusal PDF which you can download, or printed Playbook.
- The cost of the Rights varies, but as a rough guide, for amateur rights you should expect to pay about $90.00 per performance for full-length plays (musicals differ greatly and are more expensive) and for professional rights about 8% gross box-office receipts.
- Please give yourself plenty of time by planning and applying for performance rights well ahead of your intended performance.
ALL THE PLAYS AND MUSICALS LISTED HERE ARE COPYRIGHTED WORKS. NO PERFORMANCE MAY BE ATTEMPTED OR SCHEDULED, WHETHER ADMISSION IS CHARGED OR NOT, NOR MAY YOU BEGIN REHEARSALS, WITHOUT FIRST ARRANGING AND LICENSING THE PRODUCTION RIGHTS AND PURCHASING THE ROYALTY AND REHEARSAL MATERIALS THROUGH
LEICESTER BAY THEATRICALS
Have Questions, or wish to place an Order: email us
PERFORMANCE LICENSE APPLICATION
- LBTlicenseapp to download a PDF version of the Performance License Application. (There is also a copy of the application in the Catalog and on most of the webpages of the specific titles.)
WHEN PERFORMING AN LBT TITLE:
HIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING FOR THE PLAY:
“Substitute ‘Name of the Play’ is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals (LBT). All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
- Remember – we cannot sell you Rehearsal Materials of accept payments for Performance Royalties until you have applied for a license to perform the show.
- Our shopping cart operates through PayPal. It is safe and secure and takes all credit cards.
- can be made to our e-mail address through Pay Pal. Just send the payment with an additional email to us about what you are buying, with your performance information (See ORDERING below).
- We can also send you a PayPal invoice which you can pay with a Credit or Debit card. We will then issue a regular invoice referencing the PayPal number. We are PayPal Verified.
- We also accept company checks in payment of an invoice.
- For schools and other institutions that work through Purchase Orders, we accept those as well.
What we will need (if you have not filled out the LBTlicenseapp[above]):
- Your name
- The name of your Organization
- Organization and personal phone numbers and emails
- The dates of your intended performances with the number of performances intended.
- The size of your auditorium, your ticket prices and expected attendance at each performance.
- The royalties and fees that you paid for your last play and/or musical production
TO CONTACT US YOU MAY:
- by calling us at 801-550-7741 (Office Cel phone)
- You can also write us at: Leicester Bay Theatricals P.O. Box 563, Newport ME 04953-0563
Products and services available on this website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”), and any unauthorized use violates such laws. All rights are controlled by Leicester Bay Theatricals.
Certain Leicester Bay Theatricals copyrighted material requires a fee and/or a separate license agreement. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not copy, republish, create derivative works based on, or reverse engineer products or services from this website. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material. Copyrighted material may not be re-distributed or otherwise made available to others. Any rights granted by Leicester Bay Theatricals constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
Any unauthorized use, copying or distribution of Leicester Bay Theatricals copyrighted material is prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. By using this site, you agree that the laws of the State of Maine, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern your use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Leicester Bay Theatricals.
This site is provided by Leicester Bay Theatricals on an “as is” and “as available” basis. There are no warranties of any kind as to the availability of this site or the information, products or services included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
All sales are final. Please do not order any items until you are sure that you want them. We will replace defective items without charge if we are notified within 24 hours of receipt. In the case of downloaded scripts, we will not replace files that become damaged after 24 hours of download, so please check to make sure that your file opens and works properly when you download it.
All postings and information on this site are ©2012- 2017 by Leicester Bay Theatricals
Another site you may be interested in:
(the free online guide to modern playwrights and theatre plays which have been written, adapted or translated, into English since the production of Look Back in Anger in 1956. doollee.com contains information on 46,563 Playwrights and 158,754 of their Plays. No performance rights are available through this site, but you may be directed to the publisher or licensing agency where those rights can be obtained.)