Reindeer Games: A Christmas Panto for Young and Olde!
A play with songs by Martin R. Collin
Suitable for a mixed-age group in Schools, Churches, and Community Theatres
An evening of ragtag holiday merry-making, festivity, revelry, audience participation, happy yuletide songs and dances, and jollification featuring: Elves, Fairies, Children, Choristers, Musicians, Ancient Citizens, The Christmas Bear, Red Riding Hood and The Wolf, Rudolph and Clarisse, a holiday quiz show, Big-Head Characters, The Giant Blunderbore, and the retelling of the old mummers tale, Saint George and the Dragon, with Father Christmas himself!
- 55-60 minutes
- Traditional period and contemporary costumes
- Simple representational set with props (or as elaborate as you desire)
- Cast size: Minimum Male roles(doubled)=8. Minimum Female roles(doubled)=5. Minimum total with doubling=22. Minimum total without doubling=57+Chorus. Could be done with a lot of doubling, or even tripling, but is intended as a large-cast piece [25-100] with gender flexibility. The more the merrier!
- Order #3167
Available for all groups!
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File Available here: Reindeer Games PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first third of the play along with all background information.)
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3167a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3167d : $65.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3167e : $55.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PREMIERE: St. James School (Hagerstown, Maryland) — 1990-2016
- (and now it’s available for production by your group)
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Christmas Panto for Young and Olde!
Martin R. Collin
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Reindeer Games’ is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of