Lightning Rod — A Play
a play by Tim Slover
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups)
What is the price of Liberty? For Benjamin Franklin, it was flesh and blood. Widely lauded for his role in giving birth to a new nation, Franklin’s role as a father to his own children remains largely a mystery. This work commissioned by the Fulton Opera House & Franklin and Marshall College, as part of the international celebration of Franklin’s 300 Birthday, in 2006, examines the origins of Franklin’s character and how nothing could divide him from his beloved son, William, except a revolution.
This play discusses mature themes.
- 2M 3W 2older teenMales (can be doubled)
- About 120 mins
- Fluid open setting
- Period Costumes
- Order #3117
Available for ALL producing groups.
- Perusal Pages File Available here: LightningRodPERUSAL (The PDF file contains one half of the play), along with all the pertinent script and background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3117a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3117d : $75
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3117e : $60
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Northern Sky Theatre —
- Fulton Opera House — 2006
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
a play by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Lightning Rod is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of