Forest Secrets — TYA
(This temporary artwork has been borrowed from the cover of the novel)
by Genevieve Aichele
(TYA, Children’s Theatre, Amateur, Professional, Educational)
Set in Portsmouth, New Hampshire this beloved tale is about two children determined to save their beloved forest – and the enchanting mysteries hidden there in a story that is fun for the whole family!! When Kate Evans moves to a seaport town in New Hampshire, she is thrilled that her new home is located at the edge of an enchanted forest. She and her new friend and neighbor, Luke, explore the wonders of nature until they stumble upon an unsolved mystery hidden in a tree trunk. They ponder the questions: What are the magical secrets of the woods? Will we discover the secrets of the fairy houses? Can those secrets help us save the land we love before it’s sold and developed? This entrancing story is a delightful adventure that is designed to engage children in the enjoyment of nature and increase environmental awareness.
- 2 adult males, 3 adult females, 2 11-year-old boys, 1 11-year-old girl, 1 4-year-old girl +Fairies, Dragonfly, Bees, Fireflies, Butterfly (Doubling not possible) (All roles are playable by any age actor)
- About 1 hour.
- Several fluid settings
- Order # 3132
Available for ALL producing groups.
We are working on a deal with the publisher of the original children’s book, Light Beams Publishing, to be able to make copies of that book available to you at a wholesale price, which you may then sell to the parents and children who attend your performances. E-mail us if you are interested in obtaining copies to re-sell at your performances/giftshop.
- Perusal Pages File Available here: Forest Secrets PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address) Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3132a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3132d : $50
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3132e : $40
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Purchase the original novel from Light Beams Publishing HERE
- PREMIERE: New Hampshire Theatre Project, Portsmouth — 2008 (PHOTOS)
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
from the award-winning Light-Beams Publishing novel by Tracy Kane & Kelly Sanders
A New Hampshire Theatre Project Young People’s Playscript
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Forest Secrets is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
Other Plays in the New Hampshire Theatre Project Young People’s Playscript Series
from the catalog of