DeGruchy’s Mantle — A Verse Play
by J.D. Newman
(Perfect for Professional, College/University, Community, High School, Middle Schools, and other Youth Theatre Groups)
Newman’s first verse drama, DeGruchy’s Mantle tells the story of a widow who leaves her magic mantle to her five teenage daughters just before her death. The daughters make a series of foolish wishes that cause a series of enchantments. It is up to the youngest daughter, magically aged through the mantle’s power, who must restore her sisters and take charge of her mother’s gift.
DeGruchy’s Mantle received a Meritorious Achievement Award in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival’s Region VIII playwriting competition.
- 5 young women 1 older woman and 2 young males.
- 75 minutes
- A simple exterior setting, either realistic or suggestive.
- Order # 3120
Available for ALL producing groups SOON.
- Perusal Pages File Available here: DeGruchy’sMantlePERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address) Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3120a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3120d : $60
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3120e : $50
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Highland High School — 1991
- Premiere: University of Utah’s Lab Theatre — 1990
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
a play by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“DeGruchy’s Mantle is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of