Crowns and Commoners — Premiere Play FIle
by J.D. Newman
(Perfect for High Schools and Middle Schools and TYA and other Youth Theatre Groups)
The King brings his three daughters out of hiding, intending to crown them as his heirs. When he discovers that the Princesses disobeyed him during their exile, he threatens to disown them. Before the family can reconcile, the Princesses are taken hostage by the King’s usurping brother and must fight for their lives and for the future of their people. PREMIERE PLAY FILE
- 7f 5m About
- 50 minutes
- 1 interior
- Order #3123
Available for ALL producing groups SOON.
- Perusal Pages File Available here: Crowns&CommonersPERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address) Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3123a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3123d : $40
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3123e : $35
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Premiered (in a longer version) at Middleton High School, Wisconsin — Spring 2014
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Crowns and Commoners
a play by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Crowns and Commoners is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of