Alexander and the United Snakes of America — TYA
by Donald Lewis
Homeless Alexander and his dad board a boxcar and head west, in search of a new life. Unfortunately, they share the boxcar with a group of snakes on their way to the United Snakes of America Convention, organized to develop a national strategy for survival. Humans and snakes must overcome differences and find common ground — or bite the big one! Over the course of the play the two groups are forced to challenge their fears and misconceptions. The play presents vital messages on environmental issues and tolerance. However, it does not deal with the issues of governmental snakes. A physically challenging play for actors.
- One simple setting
- 4M 2F 1B 1either male or female
- 1 hour
- Order #3104
“Shear enchantment, certain to delight and charm audiences of all ages” — Bloomington Voice
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: Alexander…SnakesPERUSAL The PDF file contains the first half of the script and other production information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3103a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3103d : $50.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3103e : $40.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Email us with any questions, or an order.
Encore Theatre — Lima, Ohio — 2008
Lincoln Community Playhouse — Lincoln, NE
Carmel Performing Arts Festival — Carmel, CA
Bloomington Playwright’s Project — Bloomington, Indiana — 1997
- Developed, in part, at Chicago Dramatists
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Alexander and the United Snakes of America
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Alexander and the United Snakes of America is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of