A Day Without Palestine — One-Act
by Shelia Lynch Rinear
(Perfect for College/University, Community, and Professional theatres.)
Eve graduates from an expensive University and immediately takes an idealistic, fact-finding tour of the Israeli-Palestinian territory and the Wall in her effort to help bring peace to the people there. She also wanted to follow her passion in the search for truth and peace in a land rich in history and hurt. Upon her return she meets with her parents, Lisa and Rick, and Grandmother Rachael. The seemingly diverse ideologies in the different generations make for a tense meeting until a common ground is found and the daughter realizes that she is very much like her father. But that common ground is broken over the never-ending debate between Economics and Politics, and neither side can be reconciled, as she discovers walls obstructing her own family’s peace. (The play contains mild language)
(Makes a great DOUBLE BILL with Sheila’s one-act play, “Counter Intelligence.”)
- 1M 3W 1either
- Simple Interior with tables and chairs
- Contemporary Costumes
- About 30 minutes
- Order # 3163
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File Available here: Day Without Palestine PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first third of the play along with all background information.)
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3163a : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3163d : $35.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3163e : $25.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- PREMIERE: San Antonio College Theatre Department — 2003
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Day Without Palestine
a one-act play
Sheila Lynch Rinear
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“A Day Without Palestine is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of